Sunday, October 31, 2004

Halloween with a Tai Chi Sword

“Sunrise, sunrise. Looks like mornin' in your eyes,” The voice of Norah Jones’ relatively new song popped up in my mind early in the morning. Yeah, today is Halloween and I had an urge to take my Tai Chi sword to play in the park.



When I got there, since it was still an early Sunday morning, there were only a few old couples doing their morning ritual – walking in the park. I found a good spot and started practicing my sword in the morning breeze. The sun was so warm and soothing that I felt like I was in a dream, with my Chi extending through the blade of my sword. I tried not, or not to, find a word to describe my feeling…effortlessly. In fact, this is what life is supposed to be.

However, we always try too hard to understand something that is supposed to be so simple and direct. Moreover, we forget that we all have a sword that can fight off all types of distractions, frustrations, illusions, and negativities in life effortlessly, and become
One
With
The
Tao.

No comments: